Thursday, August 16, 2007

Summer vacation Part 2

From the point of view of "Swords Anonymous" ha ha the first step is to acknowledge you have a problem.
OK back to the New York City Trip.
We stayed at the Hilton in the middle of all the City action very cool the lobby was like something out of the UN or something, being from Washington DC I have heard many conversations in languages I do not know but here I think I heard 15 different ones in about 1 minute It was a great experience and reminds me I need to learn at least one language that's not English (you could argue I don't know English but..)

Metropolitan Museum of Art Yes the old swords and armor where extremely cool even if it is assumed you know what most of this stuff is not really any history or explanations manly dates and who donated it. I found the Greek and Roman sculpture unbelievable how detailed it all was makes you think how long this skill was lost if it took until the Renaissance for it to be "rediscovered". You could easily spend many days here and I will be returning soon I hope.

The Natural History Museum Many Dioramas. I have been to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History more times than I can count there really is no comparison except the one in DC is free and way smaller. The Smithsonian has really been trying to get away from the dusty dioramas but to be fair the dioramas in NY are very well done and quite engaging.

The Mythic Creatures well what can I say it was only $7 more than the entrance cost we could have skipped it the Frog thing looked more interesting.

No comments: